ShopVue’s manufacturing productivity tracking software combines factory labor management, machine monitoring systems, WIP status tracking, as well as factory time and attendance — to enable supervisors and managers to make better decisions more quickly. Using simple touchscreen operator interfaces that allow employees to report transactions in seconds, ShopVue provides front-line managers with a real-time picture of factory productivity.
Simple Labor Reporting
In ShopVue productivity tracking software, operators report starting and stopping jobs on a simple touchscreen or handheld wireless device.
Customers can choose to use ShopVue’s Paperless Dispatch module to present operators with an electronic list of jobs to be worked, or allow operators to select orders by scanning barcodes on paper travelers. In the latter case, customers have the option of using ShopVue’s EZScan feature to automatically record starting and stopping a job when the operator scans the travelers; no additional operator input is required.
This reduces the time operators spend reporting labor data to a mere few seconds per job.
Real-Time Productivity Data
ShopVue productivity tracking software records actual labor hours in real time, which, when compared to standards, gives managers insight into the floor’s actual productivity. Supervisors can quickly access productivity data such as:
- Actual hours by employee for a day or shift.
- Total quantities (good and scrap) for all orders or specific orders.
- Efficiency percentages by employee or order.
- Setup hours, indirect hours, and utilization percentages, by employee.
Supervisors can access this productivity tracking data via several methods:
- On their PCs, using the ShopVue Management Client
- Via ShopVue Reports (On Screen)
- Via ShopVue Reports (exported to Excel spreadsheet)
- Via a large-screen Dashboard – an optional ShopVue add-on
- In a host ERP or MES system (appropriate interface required)
Core ShopVue Reports
ShopVue includes more than 70 core reports to provide easy access to important manufacturing data, including manufacturing productivity. Core manufacturing productivity reports include:
- Labor Efficiency by Employee: Shows supervisors actual productivity figures broken out by individual employee.
- Labor Efficiency by Order: Tracks work done by orders and order steps (operations). This report gives a quick look at how much labor a particular order or step requires.
- Labor Efficiency by Work Center: Provides a summary of labor productivity for departments and work centers.
Additional custom reports are available upon request, or you can purchase the Management Reporting package which includes Crystal Reports, report-writing training, and unlimited report-viewing privileges.
ShopVue software becomes even more powerful when customers take advantage of both labor and machine monitoring systems and productivity tracking capabilities. ShopVue Machine Tracking can collect key performance metrics (such as overall equipment effectiveness or OEE) about each of your machines with almost no additional operator effort. Optionally, you can also install ShopVue’s Direct Machine Interface to automatically collect uptime and other information directly from your machines’ PLCs.
Time & Attendance for Manufacturing
ShopVue can also collect your factory’s time and attendance data to provide a total manufacturing labor productivity solution. With ShopVue Time and Attendance, operators use a photo badge or other method to punch in and out of work on the same touchscreen or other device they use to report labor transactions. Once on the clock, operators can seamlessly change between their attendance tab and workpoint tabs where they report direct labor against orders.